The Hoops Scoop - September 12, 2011
Created: 09.12.2011 - 8:29 am mtMile High Hoops
The Hoops Scoop is a compilation of the day’s top local basketball news.
- The trend has continued as another Colorado prep star has committed to a major college program. Cory Calvert, a 6' 3" combo guard from Chaparral High School, has announced that he will head to BYU and play for Dave Rose. Calvert will go on his Mormon mission after high school and join the Cougars upon his return.
- Bad news out of Boulder...Highly touted incoming freshman Damiene Cain has decided to leave the Buffaloes to focus on his academics. Cain, listed as the #134 recruit in last years class, was penciled in to be a key contributor in the Buffs front court this season.
- University of Denver has named Michelle Augustavo as the director of basketball operations for the women's program. Augustavo comes to the Pioneers after serving as an assistant coach last season at Sacramento State.
- Despite a rough loss in overtime for the football program, there was something to cheer about in Boulder on Saturday. Former Buff and current member of the Utah Jazz, Alec Burks, was in town for the weekend. He was recognized in between the first and second quarter at Folsom Field.
- Speaking of CU, Buff fans will be hearing a new voice when they attend games this season. Longtime PA announcer Alan Cass retired last year after 50 years as the voice of CU athletics. Replacing Cass will be Conor McGahey and John Murray.
Contact us at email@example.com
Find us on facebook
Follow us on twitter