The Hoops Scoop - November 3, 2011
The Hoops Scoop is a compilation of the day’s top local basketball news.
- UC-Colorado Springs women went into Clune Arena last night and upset Air Force. Jessica Brown led the way for the Moutnain Lions as she chipped in 14 points to go along with 9 rebounds. The only downside for the UCCS is that this was an exhibition game and will not count towards their official record...either way though, congrats to the Lady Mountian Lions.
- This is a little late to the Hoops Scoop, but the UNC men started their defense of the Big Sky when they handled Chadron State in an exhibition game in Greeley on Tuesday. Leading the way for the Bears was senior Mike Proctor who had 14 points and 6 boards in only 21 minutes of play.
- The last installment of ESPN Films was a chilling look into life of former Nugget Chris Herren. Herren, who was drafted 33rd overall by the Nuggets in the 1999 NBA Draft, tells his story of dealing with his deamons while living a life in hoops. If you get the chance, 'Unguarded' is definitely worth checking out.
- Just in time to cure your NBA hangover, NBA 2K12 has added 4 more Nuggets legends to their roster. Now available for the virtual hardwood are David Thompson, Alex English, Kiki Vandeweghe and Fat Lever.
- Check out this preview on the University of Wyoming backcourt. 2010-11 Mr. Colorado Basketball, Riley Grabau, could contribute early. Former Lincoln High School standout, Francisco Cruz, returns for his senior season. He averaged 10 points per game last season, which led all returning guars.
- Former Regis Jesuit point guard Chris Gold, from the 2004 class, is the Director of Basketball Operations at Weber State. Gold’s dad, Bill, was a longtime successful coach at Regis.
- For the fifth year in a row, Colorado State leads the Mountain West Conference in graduation rates for student-athletes.
Contact us at email@example.com
Find us on facebook
Follow us on twitter