This Day in Nuggets History - November 9
Mile High Hoops takes a look back at the history of the Denver Nuggets
The Denver Nuggets were due to host the Portland Trailblazers tonight at Pepsi Center. That game has been canceled due to the ongoing NBA lockout. However...
On November 9th...
- The Nuggets are 9-9 since joining the NBA in 1976
- Last season the Nugget were embarrassed by the Indiana Pacers in Indianapolis 144-113. The Pacers were 20-21 from the field in the 3rd quarter, only missing a last second shot by Josh McRoberts. The lone bright spot for Denver was Ty Lawson's 19 points. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2008, Denver withstood O.J. Mayo's 31 points and 8 rebounds to defeat the Memphis Grizzlies at Pepsi Center 100-90. Nene chipped in 18 points and 12 rebounds and 'Melo led Denver scorers with 24. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2007, the Nuggets broke a 3 game losing streak when they defeated the Washington Wizards 118-92 in our nation's capital. The Nuggets team bus got stuck in traffic on the way to the arena and finally arrived less than an hour before tip-off. 'Melo was unfazed by the close call and led Denver with 32 points in the victory. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2003, Denver was beaten by the Toronto Raptors 89-76 in Toronto. Andre Miller had a near triple-double for Denver with 18 points, 11 rebounds and 8 assists. Vince Carter was up to his usual tricks going for 34 points and 10 rebounds. Former CSU Ram, Milt Palacio, chipped in 14 points off the bench for the Raptors. Check Out the Box Score.
- In 1989, Denver won a thriller in Houston. They knocked off the hometown Rockets 128-127.
- In 1976, Denver improved to 8-0 on the year after defeating the Golden State Warriors in the Mile High City.
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter