This Day in Nuggets History - November 7
Mile High Hoops takes a look back at the history of the Denver Nuggets
The Denver Nuggets are supposed to be playing host to the Cleveland Cavaliers on this chilly November night. That game has been canceled due to the ongoing NBA lockout. However...
On November 7th...
- The Nuggets are 7-11 since joining the NBA
- In 2009, Josh Smith put on a clinic as the Hawks routed the Nuggets in Atlanta. Smith finished with 25 points, 9 rebounds, 7 assists and 6 blocks and 6 other Hawks finished in double digit scoring. Denver, who had lost the previous night in Miami, was led by Carmelo Anthony and Chauncey Billups who finished with 30 and 25 points, respectively. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2008, the Nuggets had a special night at Pepsi Center. Broncos DB Champ Bailey presented the game ball wearing a #7 Billups jersey to welcome Chauncey home in his first game back as a Nugget. Billups finished with 15 points and 'Melo led the Nuggets with 28 points as they held off the Mavericks 108-105. Jason Kidd had a near triple-double and finished with 22 points, 10 rebounds and 9 assists. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2007, the Nuggets were embarrassed in their first meeting with Boston's newly formed 'Big 3'. Denver trailed 77-38 at halftime and never gave Boston much of a fight. Allen Iverson led Denver with 22 points. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2002, the Denver Nuggets and the Detroit Pistons nearly put the Pepsi Center fans to sleep in an 89-63 victory for Detroit. Chauncey Billups led Detroit with 21 points. Ironically, Denver honored legendary offensive minded coach Doug Moe at halftime. Check Out the Recap.
- In 1996, Denver gets beat at home by the Houston Rockets 110-108. Hakeem 'The Dream' Olajuwon had 36 points and 9 rebounds to lead the Rockets. Dale Ellis paced Denver with 33 points and 14 rebounds while Mark Jackson dropped 16 assists. Check Out the Box Score.
- In 1992, Denver wins an exciting opening night tilt against the San Antonio 125-121. LaPhonso Ellis and Bryant Stith made their NBA debuts and Ellis contributed 10 points and 14 rebounds for the victorious Nuggets. Mahmoud Abdul-Rauf led Denver scorers with 32 points. Check Out the Box Score.
- In 1985, the Nuggets knocked off the Dallas Mavericks 131-99 at McNichols Sports Arena to move to 6-0 on the year.
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter