This Day in Nuggets History - November 18
Your Denver Nuggets were due to renew their newest division rivalry when they headed to Oklahoma City to take on Kevin Durant and the Thunder. That game has been canceled due to the ongoing NBA lockout. However...
On November 18th...
- The Denver Nuggets are 12-9 since joining the NBA in 1976
- Last season, Denver dropped a heartbreaker in Portland as they fell to the Blazers 86-83. Aaron Afflalo chipped in 16 points and 11 rebound in the losing effort, but missed two 3 point attempts in the final seconds that would have tied the game. LaMarcus Aldridge led the Trailblazers with 24 points. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2006, the Nuggets welcomed the Raptors to Pepsi Center and earned a 117-109 victory. Melo led Denver with 34 points to record his 6th consecutive 30 point game. Former Nugget great Alex English was in the house, and on the Raptors bench, and wished nothing but the best for Carmelo as he ascends to the top of the Nuggets record books. Check Out the Recap.
- In 2003, Denver had the rare opportunity to see Nikoloz Tskitishvili lead the team in scoring, he finished with 14 points. That wasn't nearly enough to match Kevin Garnet and the Minnesota Timberwolves as they bested the Nuggets 89-76 in Minneapolis. Check Out the Recap.
- In 1989, the Nuggets put a hurting on the Houston Rockets at McNichols Sports Arena. The hometown team was not kind to visitors as they put up a 141-111 victory.
- In 1981, Denver knocked off the San Diego Clippers 133-128 in a game that surely had the Denver faithful enjoying every minute of the action at McNichols.
Find us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter